At Advance, we believe that mentoring is a powerful tool that helps to build the clarity and self-awareness required to be truly innovative.
As part of our Awards Program, we are pleased to offer the Awards Mentoring Program, matching Australian university students with an Advance Global Australian Award Winner for 12 months of one-on-one mentoring.
The program is open to all last year undergraduate and postgraduate students studying at an Australian university.
Who should apply?
- The program is open to all last year undergraduate and postgraduate students studying at an Australian university
- Self-motivated individuals seeking to continuously promote personal development.
Why should you apply?
- Advice on his/her career path
- Access to a top leader in your industry giving you an edge in your professional career
- Opportunity to gain clarity and self-awareness with the aim of being a future innovative leader
- International experience and industry knowledge from a top global Australian leader
About the mentors
- 10 mentors will be selected this year
- Mentors are the Advance Global Australian Award winners - outstanding global Australians who have been selected based on his/her professional achievements/success overseas in their chosen field.
- Complete online application
- Applications are reviewed by Advance and Advance Global Australian Award mentors
- You will be selected based on your demonstrated success in your field, achievements, interests, community involvement and alignment with our winners.
- Make sure to express your enthusiasm and energy for learning, growth, your ability to lead!
- Approx. 8-10 mentees will be selected to participate
- Interviews and selection process will be undertaken
How the program works
- The mentee will schedule regular mentoring sessions (via Skype and emails) over a 12- month period,
- You will work together on a key project or to resolve/discuss up to three key issues
- Opportunity to attend the high profile Advance Global Australian Summit and Awards
- Advance will facilitate the process and connection
Feedback from mentees
“My mentor encouraged me to think globally and ambitiously right from the beginning. I'm now the Founder and CEO of 2Mar Robotics. We make robots to improve people's lives. My mentor helped me avoid losing a lot of my money along the way, so that I am still able to research and design robots to manufacture every day.” - Marita Cheng, 2013/14 mentee, mentored by Peter Le Lievre (Co-Founder and CEO of Chromasun), 2013 Advanced Manufacturing Award Winner
"Vikram has accelerated my personal and professional development far more than I could have expected and I cannot thank him enough. I hope that we can continue to work together in years to come.” –Victor Brooker, 2014/15 mentee, mentored by Vikram Mehta (CEO of Kaazing) 2014 Technology Innovation Award Winner
“The opportunity to talk with Andrew regularly about the challenges he faces and how he sees clean technology solutions changing, has given me the sense and courage to pursue a career in this industry. Andrew’s overseas experience and view have been critical and I have now been invited by the World Bank to pursue my initiatives.” – Paul Newbury 2014/15 mentee, mentored by Andrew Tanner (VP of Geli) 2014 Clean Technology Award Winner